It’s called adulting
2 packages Koyo Lemongrass Ginger Ramen, seasoning packets reserved
1 cup canned coconut milk
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1 Thai chile, thinly sliced
2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
1 medium grapefruit
8 extra large shell-on shrimp or prawns
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
3 tablespoons toasted coconut flakes
¼ cup toasted cashews, roughly chopped
¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro
1 green onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add ramen noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Drain well and rinse under cold water until completely cooled.
- In a large bowl whisk together coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice, pepper flakes or Thai chile, and ramen seasoning packets. Add noodles and cabbage and toss to coat.
- Cut a small slice off top and bottom of grapefruit so it will stand up on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to carve away peel and white pith, following the contours of the fruit. Only cut away enough to expose the flesh of the fruit. Cut out grapefruit segments by cutting on either side of each vertical line of white pith that separates the segments. Discard the white pith.
- In a small bowl toss shrimp with oil and salt. Heat a large skillet over medium-high and add shrimp. Cook, turning once, until cooked through, about 1 minute per side.
- To serve, divide noodle-cabbage mixture and coconut milk mixture between bowls. Top with shrimp, grapefruit, coconut, cashews, cilantro, and green onion.