What up PINTEREST!
2 bundles KoyoⓇ Organic Fine Udon Noodles
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch, divided
¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon preferred vegetable oil, divided
½ cup vegetable broth
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
2 teaspoons sugar
1 cup bite-sized broccoli florets
1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
½ yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
½ red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil, add noodles, stir, and cook until tender, XX minutes. Drain well, rinse under cold water, and drain again. Spread out noodles on a kitchen towel and let sit 5 minutes. In a medium bowl toss noodles with 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- In a small nonstick skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium. When oil shimmers, add half the noodles and shape into a cake. Fry until golden brown on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook second side until browned, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet and repeat with 2 more tablespoons oil and remaining noodles.
- In a small bowl whisk together vegetable broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and remaining 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. When oil shimmers add broccoli, mushrooms, yellow and red bell pepper, and carrot and cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Give sauce a stir and pour over vegetables. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are coated and sauce is thickened. Serve vegetables over fried noodle cakes. Sprinkle with green onion.