2 packages Koyo Garlic Pepper Ramen, seasoning packets reserved
1 cup kimchi, roughly chopped
½ cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, well-beaten
2 tablespoons preferred vegetable oil, divided
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, divided
For dipping sauce:
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add ramen noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large bowl toss ramen noodles with kimchi, flour, eggs, and 1 ramen seasoning packet.
- In a medium nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium. When the oil shimmers, add ½ the ramen mixture, spreading it evenly into a thin cake in the skillet. Sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon sesame seeds and cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Flip and brown second side. Transfer to a plate.
- Use remaining 1 tablespoon oil to cook remaining ramen mixture, sprinkling remaining 1 tablespoon sesame seeds on the cake as above.
- In a small bowl stir together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and remaining ramen seasoning packet.
- To serve, cut cakes into wedges and serve with dipping sauce.